Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cute, simple, but dark eye makeup looks?

right now, all i wear is a heavy eyeliner (mac fluidline). i have small sort of asian eyes (because i'm half asian). i dont like how mascara looks on me, but i could probably get used to it! i'd like something that defines my eyes....





thanks!Cute, simple, but dark eye makeup looks?
Half-Asians ftw!





I'm not sure how different it is from your current routine, but for a while, I used a thick black line (winged at the end) only across my top lashline instead of around the entire eye. The effect makes your eyes look widened (because you're defining its longest side) and gives it that mysteriously elegant stare, almost a cartoonish appeal. I topped it with mascara that was black-violet.





I lined by using a damp smudge brush and rubbing it in Lancome's The New Black, which is a black shadow with silver glitter--it darkens your eyes while still giving it that pretty shine. You can also use a dark, glittery plum, or any dark color really. I don't suggest lining all the way to the inside corner, as that makes eyes look narrower and small--just taper the line until you're a few millimeters away from your nose.





*Right now, I like a simplified smoky eye using a really dark grey lining the outer edges of my eyes, a slate color over the lid and a shimmery silver on the inner corner. For this, I use Physicians Formula's Baked Shadow Palettes in Baked Smokes, which are pretty affordable and good quality.





Definitely use mascara and get a good eyelash curler. Both of these lift lashes away from your eyes, and the dark fringe lifted away really frames the eyes well. I'd recommend Imju's Fiberwig: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>Cute, simple, but dark eye makeup looks?
I can't think of anything off the top of my head, I usually wing it when it comes to makeup. I get the best makeup looks that way.





I'd suggest going on youtube and searching for results and step by step directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks